EAS Consulting Group can help food, beverage, bottled water and USDA regulated companies stay in compliance with FDA and USDA regulations. The Food, Drug and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act originally enacted in 1938, the Bioterrorism Act enacted and 2002 and most recently the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), signed into law in 2011, regulations were designed to ensure the food supply in the U.S. is safe.
EAS offers expert toxicology and scientific consultation in the areas of food safety and compliance for conventional and organic foods as well as food derived from biotechnology. Foreign supplier verification, sanitary transportation issues, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), food contact substances (packaging), health claims, labeling regulations and GRAS notifications are just some of the areas our compliance specialists provide expert assistance.
EAS offers a full range of food and food ingredient consulting, submission, and auditing services including:
- Review labels for content, layout and design
- Review labels for nutrition and claims advertising for compliance with regulations
- Design scientific studies to substantiate label claims
- Medical Foods
- Infant Formula
- Food Safety:
- Determine the safety of a food ingredient
- Preparation of food additive petitions, GRAS reviews and notifications, food contact substance notifications, and risk assessments.
- Determining the safety and viability of food flavorings and colors
- Preparing petitions for FDA approval of conventional and qualified health claims for food and new dietary ingredients
- Foreign Food Facilities:
- Assistance with registering foreign food facilities with FDA
- Serving as the U.S. Agent for the registered firm
- Mock-inspections for FSMA compliance issues
- Food Defense:
- Design and implement food security measures to prepare for deliberate acts of terrorism
- Conducting warehouse sanitation, GAP, GMP, and HACCP audits
- Imports and Customs:
- Guidance and assistance in obtaining clearance of detained products through U.S. Customs and FDA at time of entry.
- Expert Witness:
- Providing testimony on litigation involving disputes over regulatory food matters.
- LACF and AF:
- Providing technical assistance to acidified (AF) and low acid canned food manufacturers (LACF)
- Assistance in registering facilities and processes with FDA
- Recall Assistance:
- Interpretation of rulings and policies of FDA, USDA, EPA, and other agencies as they relate to products or practices.
- US Agent for Color Certifications
- Response to 483s
EAS Consulting Group is proud to have expert consultants who have lead the food field in the U.S. marketplace. View a sampling of some former positions held by our consultants prior to joining EAS.