October 17-18, 2017
Food labels have come under increased FDA scrutiny. How well do you know current food labeling regulations? Are your labels in compliance with requirements? How can you keep on top of the latest labeling issues?
Learn food labeling from former FDA labeling officials who helped shape current labeling regulations and experienced food labeling consultants. This hands-on, two-day seminar covers the basics of how foods need to be labeled to comply with the complex set of labeling rules, covers the latest in food labeling issues that have gotten attention from FDA, and provides answers to your most challenging questions.
Date and Location
October 17-18, 2017
Aloft Chicago O’Hare Airport
9700 Balmoral Ave
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
Group Rate, two or more from the same firm – 10% per person (group10)
Federal/State Government Employees – 50% per person (gov50)
Registrants with Promotion codes – Limit one Promotion code per transaction
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals involved in management, regulatory affairs, and quality control/assurance in the manufacturing of foods.
Those responsible for preparing or reviewing food labels.
- Consultants, auditors, attorneys and others interested in food labeling compliance.
At the Food Labeling Compliance Seminar, You Will
- Learn FDA food labeling requirements from labeling experts who helped to develop and implement the current regulations and have reviewed hundreds of labels for the industry.
- Learn about hot issues that have triggered recent FDA warning letters.
- Apply learning in practical work sessions.
- Have your specific issues addressed and discussed in a casual, interactive learning environment.
- Participant’s Manual with copies of presentation slides
- EAS Type Size Guide
- Food Label Handbook – Developed by EAS Independent Consultant, Gisela Leon, the 115 page guide discusses how changes to nutrient values are listed and how those changes impact claims, assisting companies in developing compliant food labels based on FDA’s final rule. (A $99 value.)
- Agenda Food Labeling (Example of Past Agenda)
James E. Hoadley, Ph.D., EAS Independent Consultant
During Dr. Hoadley’s 20-year FDA career, he participated in the development of NLEA-implementing nutrition labeling and health claim regulations. As a Senior Regulatory Scientist in the Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling and Dietary Supplements (ONPLDS) Dr. Hoadley’s primary responsibilities were in food label claim regulations. In this role, he conducted scientific and regulatory reviews of petitions for new health claims and nutrient content claims.
Gisela Leon, EAS Independent Consultant
Gisela Leon brings in over 21 years of experience in international labeling of food and over 8 years’ experience in US labeling. As a regulatory consultant, she has focused on a concise review process for food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics. As a long term EAS Consultant she has reviewed hundreds of labels for US compliance and helped international products to come into compliance with US regulations. Her international labeling background allows her to point out differences or similarities with other countries.
Minimum Registration Policy
Should the minimum enrollment number for the seminar not be met, EAS has the right to cancel by October 3, 2017, and refund the registration fee in full.
Cancellations received before October 3, 2017, will result in a $95 processing fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after that date. Substitutions will be allowed as long as notice is given to EAS in advance.
For More Information
Contact Cathryn Sacra at (571) 447-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EAS will conduct this seminar for individual firms upon request. Bringing the seminar in-house at your facilities can be a cost effective alternative to train your employees. It also allows the program to be tailored to your particular needs.
Contact Cathryn Sacra for a price quote. (571) 447-5500.