EAS Consulting Group, LLC. offers comprehensive labeling and claims review for your products.
- Statement of Identity: The food product must be clearly indicated by the product’s name and label design
- Nutrient Content Claims: Companies must ensure that all ingredients within the product are correctly identified and approved for use by FDA
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Nutrient content information: Information such as serving size, calorie content, and percentage of certain nutrients must be included on a food’s label
- Allergan declaration: With the passage of the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA) foods are considered to be misbranded unless they declare the presence of each major food allergen on the product label by their common name
- Ingredient statements: All ingredients, to include coloring, must be listed on a food label in descending order of amount contained
- Orientation of label on product packaging: The size and shape of the product’s packaging dictates the size and shape of its label and where on the package it may be placed
- Label and type size: The size and shape of a product’s packaging impacts a label’s layout and type size
- Health claims, or implied or outright statements about how the product will impact the consumers health (example: lowers cholesterol) must be FDA approved
- Structure Function Claims about what a product can do or how it impacts the body must have scientific backing, and the FDA must be notified within the first 30 days of making the claim
- Front of Package labeling must meet FDA standards with required information clearly visible on the label, in the correct size and with the correct placement
Our consultants can also assist with those foods that fit into special categories such as
- Medical Foods,
- Foods for Dietary Uses,
- Dietary Supplements and
- Infant Formulas
as well as design clinical studies to substantiate label claims.
EAS Consulting Group offers seminars in Food Label Compliance throughout the year and in various parts of the country. See the Seminars and Events page on our website for information on our next training.
Or, bring EAS food label consultants to your company’s location with our in-house Food Labeling Compliance Seminar which can be customized to your specific needs. This “one price” seminar includes a review of two of your company’s labels for FDA compliance as part of class session.”