EAS serves dairy and infant formula plants and processors offering in-depth regulatory compliance assistance pertaining to regulations covered by the state, FDA and USDA Agricultural Marketing Service requirements.
EAS’ services to the dairy industry include all applicable requirements of the FDA Food Safety Modernization ACT (FSMA) regulations as well as a number of the Global Food Safety Initiative’s (GSFI’s) Third Party Certification schemes such as Safe Quality Foods (SQF), British Retail Consortium (BRC) and Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 as well as current food Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) /Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC). EAS experts provide a detailed analysis of a firm’s state of readiness as well as thoughtful and practical strategies for improving compliance.
EAS covers all aspects of the dairy and infant formula industries from:
- Raw milk and finished dairy product chemistry, microbiology, functionality
- Milk components including milk and whey proteins, milkfat fractions and their byproducts
- Processing technologies including drinking milk; standard and non-standardized cheeses; ice cream, heat-based pasteurization, membrane filtration, heat-concentration, drying and aseptic processing
- Technical guidance for building dairy plant quality assurance and food safety programs
- Plan review including simple remodeling, processing line additions to full green-field builds
- An overview of the US regulatory environment and specific government requirements
- FDA’s FSMA & the Preventive Controls for Human Foods and how these regulations impact the dairy industry