October 19-20, 2017
Dietary supplement manufacturers need to keep up to date on new and changing FDA labeling policies. Now that FDA has published the final GMP regulations it is anticipated that the regulation of dietary supplements will be given a higher priority. This will undoubtedly carry over to increased focus on labeling compliance. This seminar will provide all that is necessary to prepare labels that comply with FDA requirements. It will address the regulatory requirements for the mandatory labeling elements and will cover allowable dietary supplement claims. Attendees will participate in a workgroup exercise to facilitate their understanding of the regulations.
Dates and Location
October 19-20, 2017
Aloft Chicago O’Hare Airport
9700 Balmoral Ave
Rosemont, Illinois 60018
James E. Hoadley, Ph.D., EAS Independent Consultant
During Dr. Hoadley’s 20-year FDA career, he participated in the development of NLEA-implementing nutrition labeling and health claim regulations. As a Senior Regulatory Scientist in the Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling and Dietary Supplements (ONPLDS) Dr. Hoadley’s primary responsibilities were in food label claim regulations. In this role, he conducted scientific and regulatory reviews of petitions for new health claims and nutrient content claims.
Gisela Leon, EAS Independent Consultant
Gisela Leon brings in over 21 years of experience in international labeling of food and over 8 years’ experience in US labeling. As a regulatory consultant, she has focused on a concise review process for food, dietary supplements, and cosmetics. As a long term EAS Consultant she has reviewed hundreds of labels for US compliance and helped international products to come into compliance with US regulations. Her international labeling background allows her to point out differences or similarities with other countries.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals involved in management, regulatory affairs, and quality control/assurance in the manufacturing of foods.
- Those responsible for preparing or reviewing dietary supplement labels. Consultants, auditors, attorneys and others interested in food labeling compliance.
At the Dietary Supplement Labeling Compliance Seminar, You Will
- Learn FDA dietary supplement labeling requirements from regulatory experts.
- Be able to ask questions of former FDA officials to get an understanding of how the Agency thinks.
- Receive a valuable Participant’s Manual containing all slides and handout materials that will save you time and help assure your labels are in compliance.
- Get an opportunity to apply learning in practical work sessions.
- Participant’s Manual with copies of presentation slides
- EAS Type Size Guide
- Agenda DS Labeling Seminar (Example of Past Agenda)
Group Rate, two or more from the same firm – 10% per person (group10)
Federal/State Government Employees – 50% per person (gov50)
Registrants with Promotion codes – Limit one Promotion code per transaction
Minimum Registration Policy
Should the minimum enrollment number for the seminar not be met, EAS has the right to cancel by October 3, 2017, and refund the registration fee in full.
Cancellations received before October 3, 2017, will result in a $95 processing fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after that date. Substitutions will be allowed as long as notice is given to EAS in advance.
For More Information:
Contact Cathryn Sacra at (571) 447-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EAS will conduct this seminar for individual firms upon request. Bringing the seminar in-house at your facilities can be a cost effective alternative to train your employees. It also allows the program to be tailored to your particular needs.
Contact Cathryn Sacra for a price quote. (571) 447-5500