Cosmetic GMP Overview
The many aspects of the cosmetics industry are self-regulated, one area that must meet or exceed compliance standards are those of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMSs). An FDA inspection that finds deficiencies in the buildings and equipment, personnel raw materials, production, laboratory controls, documentation color safety and complaint procedures will receive at best a Warning Letter with written deficiencies that must be corrected or injunctions or recalls against the sale of the product in U.S. commerce.
EAS offers a Cosmetic GMP Overview seminar which covers the details of what must be adhered to and how companies should document their compliance with FDA standards.
At this EAS course you will:
- Gain an understanding of Cosmetic GMP requirements and how FDA enforces them
- Understand the frequency of required laboratory tests and how to interpret, utilize the results
- Develop or refine SOP protocols for all aspects of operations
- Understand record keeping and access requirements
- Learn how to best track and report adverse event reporting
- Develop a plan for FDA inspections and discuss responses to 483 findings